Friday, October 10, 2008

Today's Appointment

Dr. Matsumoto reviewed my blood sugar readings via fax this morning and called with a few insulin adjustments. It seems as though just when we get a better handle on it, my body starts resisting the new dose. Maybe this will be the week and the new doses will prove to be the "magic numbers."

I also had a Dr. Miller office appointment this morning. I had another NST (non-stress test.. this records the baby's heartbeat and makes sure that it is responding appropriately to his movements). It is quite relaxing actually. I basically get to lie back, listen to his heart beating, and mash a little button each time he moves... which was ALOT this morning. He got the hiccups two times during the test! :o) When Dr. Miller came in, he said the test looked great! We discussed our perinatologist appointment from Monday and I mentioned my concerns about having the recommended amniocentesis done at 37 weeks. He understood my concerns, but bottom line completely agreed that it was a necessary precaution that we needed to take. So, we will more than likely have that done on Dec. 2nd and Lucas will be born on the 3rd or 4th. We have less than 2 months to go!!

I go back to Dr. Miller's on Monday for some in depth lab work and again on Friday for another NST and office visit. It is a full time job keeping up with all of these appointments!

1 comment:

We are the Smith Family said...

I am glad to hear you are hearing good things....just listen to the doctors. You are in good hands and they want the best for your little angel. You are doing a good job little mama!