Friday, October 24, 2008

Today's Appointment

Dr. Miller is out of the office this week, so I saw Dr. Bakarich this morning. He was very nice and the appointment went well. I had to stay on the NST machine a good while again to get all the data they needed, but in the end it looked good. Lucas got the hiccups again. :o) Yesterday, I had a scare with my blood pressure.. I got the highest (home) readings I've gotten during the whole pregnancy... 150s-160s/90s. It was MUCH better this morning, but it still had me worried. Dr. Bakarich said that if it happens again, I am to stop whatever I am doing and lay on my left side for a good while and only get up if it has returned (and stays) at a normal level. I am also supposed to let them know about any more episodes. I am just so thankful I didn't have to go to the hospital!

Lucas continues to grow at his own FAST pace... even though I didn't gain any weight this week, my uterus measured a whole 2 inches bigger! I am actually measuring like I am 38 weeks pregnant and we are only 31 1/2. Dr. Bakarich's eyes got wide and he stammered out something about this is a really big baby. lol He asked if Dr. Miller had discussed the likelyhood of us needing a c-section.. I think he was relieved when I told him yes.. I don't think he wanted to have to be the one to break that news to me! It was a little bit funny.

I will go back next Wednesday morning for our NST and visit with Dr. Miller... we will leave that appointment and head to Northside for our Dr. Matsumoto appointment. That is sure to be a FULL day!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

We are the Smith Family said...

Goodness girl...that is scary. Please take it easy...know you are in our thoughts and prayers! I would love to see a picture of you if you feel up to it! Hugs and blessings!!!